Enrol now and receive a FREE brush set to begin your kit.
Beginner Artists ONE-ON-ONE Makeup Courses are for the aspiring makeup artist. The classes are for those who would like to have a modern one-on-one course, instead of a course with other students. Please inquire for an information pack, which includes a full subject and day-to-day breakdown, prices and available dates.
Studying at a traditional makeup school often involves competitive class sizes of 15 or more, with teachers who aren't working in the industry. By taking Megan's one-on-one course, you can be secure in the knowledge that Megan is a working makeup artist and you aren't competing with other students during your learning process. The course runs over 4 days of your choosing from 10am - 4pm at Megan's studio in Elwood.
Over four intensive days, you'll learn all you need to know to kick start your makeup career, including:
- Basic skin care for different skin types.
- All you need to know about products.
- How to apply a flawless face.
- Different types of eye makeup, precise eyeliner and lipstick application, eyelash curling and
- You'll also learn about all the different kinds of brushes.
- Different makeup looks including bridal makeup, special occasion makeup, period makeup (20s-50s),
makeup for television and editorial makeup with a focus on magazines and advertising.
Megan will pay close attention to current makeup trends, makeup in current magazines and celebrity trends. You will be learning exactly how Megan applies makeup for magazines and photoshoots, something that's absolutely missing from other makeup school curriculums.
In stark contrast to other makeup courses, you'll be studying using a wide variety of brands, including brushes by MAC, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman and Sigma Makeup. Brands include:
- Bioderma - MAC - Chanel - Estee Lauder - Clinique - Illamasqua - Bobbi Brown
- Ellis Faas - Bourjois - Nars - Revlon - Laura Mercier
Knowing how to apply beautiful makeup is one thing but there's another side to your business. Important information is missing from other makeup curriculums. Megan will also teach you:
- how to start building your makeup kit.
- how to choose products and which products are recommended.
- how to build your portfolio and choose which photographers and models to work with.
- how to reference and find inspiration and a host of wonderful websites.
- business theory including branding, business cards, setting up a website, invoicing and setting your rates.
- photographic on-set etiquette.
Megan will also start you off with a folder of 100+ makeup and hair references.
Throughout the year, there may also be opportunities to assist Megan on set during one of her jobs. So far this year, Megan's students have assisted on weddings and fashion editorials and advertising including a Mink Pink campaign!
One-On-One Beginners Artist Courses are $2,000 per person. Inquire for an information pack today!